Our vision is to promote community empowerment,genderequity child protection through building local capacities to their own activities for self sustainability.
Mission is life in its fullness. The mission of the initiative is to achieve an economically, self reliant and empowered community through networking with other partners in development while targeting all vulnerable groups without discrimination.
Eden Ministries Uganda provides productive alternatives for the engagement of the community members; the youth/elderly to reduce crime and other social problems.
Eden Ministries Uganda has the task and responsibility of mobilizing the community to take up farming and its other related activities as a life time vocation. By so doing the following benefits will be derived from the employment of the majority, through the provision of exemplary farming services and agro – inputs
What We Value
* GOD’s PRESENCE — That He is here with us. He is present. He is personal. He is active in our lives and He is in charge of our church. We firmly believe that His Word (the Bible) is real and relevant to our lives. We believe that Jesus is as present with us as He was with His disciples throughout the pages of the New Testament; thus, we believe He still heals, He still delivers, and He still speaks!
* WORSHIP — We believe that worship is lifestyle and doesn’t just happen when we sing in coorperate worship. Our way of living is a reflection of our inner values.
* OUTREACH - Luke 19:10 tells us that Jesus came to seek and to save that which is lost. We need to be out there among the lost, actively seeking to bring them the message of Jesus. We long for His presence to be among us. this will have a dramatic influence on the lost. He said, “When I am lifted up, I will draw all men unto Me.”
* COMMUNITY — The local church is to function as a family (see Acts 2:42-47). We should be constantly looking out for one another, and seeking to meet each others’ needs in any way we can. We see true Christian community as loving our neighbor as ourselves. The word neighbor is all inclusive—from our family and friends to those trapped in lifestyles of addictions. We long to see the transforming power of Jesus reach out to ALL HUMANITY (see Luke 5:30).
* DISCIPLESHIP — In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus told us what the goal of all this was: “to make disciples.” It is our hope that those who are more mature in the Lord will reach out to those who are new-borns and seekers. If we all pour ourselves into a few people, we could one day, “turn the world upside down.” (Acts 17:6) This is how Jesus did it!
This is a very brief and general overview of who we are and what we believe. We feel that we are in desperate need of both the teaching of the Scripture and the power of God if we are really going to make a difference in africa. We also see no substitute for unconditional love and acceptance for all who enter our arena.